How a Second Grader Beats Wall Street: Golden Rules Any Investor Can Learn...
How a Second Grader Beats Wall Street: Golden Rules Any Investor Can Learn Paperback – January 25, 2011
- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (January 25, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 978-0470919033
- Product Dimensions: 5.1 x 0.8 x 8.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces
In How a Second Grader Beats Wall Street, you'll followthe story of Kevin Roth, an eight-year-old who was schooled insimple approaches to sound investing by his father, seasonedfinancial planner Allan Roth, and discover exactly how simple itcan be to become a successful investor. Page by page, you'll learnhow to create a portfolio with the widest diversification andlowest costs; one that can move up your financial freedom by adecade and dramatically increase your spending rate duringretirement. And all this can be accomplished by using some commonsense techniques.
Along the way, Kevin and his dad discuss fresh, new approachesto investing, and detail some tried-and-true, but lesser knownapproaches. They also take the time to debunk the financial mythsand legends that many of us accept as true, and show you what itreally takes to build long-term wealth with less risk.
- Discusses how to design a portfolio composed of a few basicbuilding blocks that can be "tweaked" to fit your personalneeds
- Addresses how you can reengineer your portfolio in order tostop needlessly paying taxes
- Reveals how you can increase returns, regardless of whichdirection the market goes, by picking the "low-hanging fruit" weall have in our portfolios
With just a little time and a little work, you can become abetter investor. With this book as your guide, you'll discover howa simpler approach to today's markets can put you on the path tofinancial independence.