Inside the Yield Book: The Classic That Created Science of Bond Analysis 3rd...
Inside the Yield Book: The Classic That Created the Science of Bond Analysis 3rd Edition
- Hardcover: 368 pages
- Publisher: Bloomberg Press; 3 edition (April 29, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781118390139
- ISBN-13: 978-1118390139
- Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 1.4 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
First published in 1972, Inside the Yield Bookrevolutionized the fixed-income industry and forever altered theway investors looked at bonds. Over forty years later, it remains astandard primer and reference among market professionals.Generations of practitioners, investors, and students have reliedon its lucid explanations, and readers needing to delve more deeplyhave found its explication of key mathematical relationships to beunmatched in clarity and ease of application.
This edition updates the widely respected classic with newmaterial from Martin L. Leibowitz. Along the way, it skillfullyexplains and makes sense of essential mathematical relationshipsthat are basic to an understanding of bonds, annuities, andloans—in fact, any securities or investments that involvecompound interest and the determination of present value for futurecash flows. The book also includes a new foreword.
- Contains information that is more instructive, important, anduseful than ever for mastering the crucial concepts of time, value,and return
- Combines the clear fixed-income insights found in the originaledition with completely new knowledge to help you navigate today'sdynamic market
- Includes over one hundred pages of new material on the role ofbonds within the total portfolio
In an era of calculators and computers, some of the importantunderlying principles covered here are not always graspedthoroughly by market participants. Investors, traders, and analystswho want to sharpen their ability to recall and apply thesefundamentals will find Inside the Yield Book the perfectresource.