Mutual Fund Industry Handbook : A Comprehensive Guide for Investment...
Mutual Fund Industry Handbook : A Comprehensive Guide for Investment Professionals 1st Edition
- Hardcover: 381 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 1 edition (August 26, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 978-0471736240
- Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 1.2 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
-- From the Foreword by John C. Bogle President, Bogle FinancialMarkets Research Center Founder and former chief executive, TheVanguard Group
A Foreword by John C. Bogle, founder of The Vanguard Group andone of the most respected leaders in the mutual fund industry, setsthe stage for this authoritative book that explains thecomplexities of the phenomenal industry in simple terms.
Investors like the fact that mutual funds offer professionalmanagement, easy diversification, liquidity, convenience, a widerange of investment choices, and regulatory protection. Mutual FundIndustry Handbook touches on all of those features and focuses onthe diverse functions performed in the day-to-day operations of themutual fund industry. You'll learn about:
- Front-office functions-analysis, buying, and selling.
- Back-office functions, including settlement, custody,accounting, and reporting.
- Commission structures-front-end loads, back-end loads, or levelloads.
- The various fund categories used by the Investment CompanyInstitute, Morningstar, and Lipper.
- The roles played by fund managers, investment advisors,custodial banks, distributors, transfer agents, and otherthird-party service providers.
If you want a definitive reference on the mutual fund industry,this is the book for you.