Trading Options in Turbulent Markets: Master Uncertainty through Active...
Trading Options in Turbulent Markets: Master Uncertainty through Active Volatility Management Hardcover – December 26, 2012
- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: Bloomberg Press; 2 edition (December 26, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 978-1118343548
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 0.9 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
Trading Options in Turbulent Markets, Second Editionskillfully explains the intricacies of options volatility and showsyou how to use options to cope, and profit from, market turbulence.Throughout this new edition, options expert Larry Shover revealshow to use historical volatility to predict future volatility for asecurity and addresses how you can utilize that knowledge to makebetter trading decisions.
Along the way, he also defines the so-called Greeks—delta,vega, theta, and gamma—and explains what drives their valuesand their relationship to historic and implied volatility. Shoverthen provides effective strategies for trading options contracts inuncertain times, addressing the decision-making process and how totrade objectively in the face of unpredictable and irrationalmarket moves.
- Includes a new chapter of the VIX, more advanced material onvolatility suitable for institutional or intermediate optionstrader, and additional volatility-based strategies
- Answers complex questions such as: How does a trader know whento tolerate risk and How does a successful trader respond toadversity?
- Provides a different perspective on a variety of optionsstrategies, including covered calls, naked and married puts,collars, straddles, vertical spreads, calendar spreads,butterflies, condors, and more
As volatility becomes a greater focus of traders and investors,Trading Options in Turbulent Markets, Second Edition willbecome an important resource for in-depth insights, practicaladvice, and profitable strategies.